Learning grammar, improving writing skills, creating presentations, and spelling are all part of Language Arts 2.
You will have a regular English assignment and a Spelling assignment for each day. The regular English assignment will cover a grammar learning segment and either an essay or presentation.
The flow for Language Arts is an opinion essay on Monday, a narrative essay on Tuesday, a presentation that falls over Wednesday and Thursday, and creative writing on Friday. Essays topics are tied to what students are reading in Reading/Literature; however, you can also tie these topics to what students are learning in Science and History/Social Studies.
Spelling words for the week are always located at the bottom of your day’s assignments page. You will have 10 new spelling words each week with a worksheet assignment and a digital spelling quiz at the end of each week.
- Long “e” and common long vowel letter combinations
- Prefixes and suffixes
- Commonly confused words that sound the same (their, there, they’re)
- Collective nouns
- Irregular plural nouns
- Adverbs and adjectives
- Apostrophes and contractions
- Formatting a letter
- Produce compound and complete sentences
- Paragraph structure
- Opinion essays
- Narrative essays
- Creative writing
- Digital presentations (e.g. Power Point)
- Review and edit work to improve writing
- Improve research skills using dictionary, thesaurus, and search
- Increase vocabulary and spelling