Improving grammar, writing essays, creating presentations, and improving research skills is all part of Language Arts 5.
You will have a regular English assignment and a Spelling assignment for each day. The regular English assignment will cover a grammar learning segment and either an essay or presentation.
The flow for Language Arts is an opinion essay on Monday, a narrative essay on Tuesday, a presentation that falls over Wednesday and Thursday, and creative writing on Friday. Essays topics are tied to what students are reading in Reading/Literature; however, you can also tie these topics to what students are learning in Science and History/Social Studies.
Spelling words for the week are always located at the bottom of your day’s assignments page. You will have 15 new spelling words each week with a digital worksheet assignment, cursive assignment, and a digital spelling quiz at the end of each week.
- Improve knowledge of grammar
- Conjunctions, prepositions, and interjections
- Correlative conjunctions
- Idioms, adages, and proverbs
- Cite bibliographic references and sources
- Opinion essays
- Narrative essays
- Creative writing
- Digital presentations (e.g. Power Point)
- Review and edit work to improve writing
- Improve writing using research skills, dictionary, and thesaurus
- Increase vocabulary and spelling
- Cursive writing