Welcome . Click “Here!” to record your attendance.You do not have permission to view this form.
Today’s Assignments: Day 161
Today in Science, you will learn about raising chickens and how to create an environment for them to lay eggs.
Be sure to click “Completed” after each assignment.
Read and Log
Read with your teacher for 30 minutes and discuss. Record it in your Reading Log.
Language Arts 2
Use Lined Paper to write a short essay with at least 3 paragraphs about what you read in Reading/Literature today. Introduce the topic, state your opinion, and give reasons. Use linking words such as “because” and “also” in your writing.
Spelling Vocab: With help from your teacher, look up each spelling word in the dictionary and write its definition.
Study the instructions above. Do the problems below using Grid Paper.
- If there are twenty (20) apples in a box and Mike takes seven (7) away, how many apples are left in the box?
- If there are sixteen (16) apples in a box and Mike takes eighth (8) away, how many apples are left in the box?
- If there are twelve (12) apples in a box and Mike takes four (4) away, how many apples are left in the box?
- If there are seventeen (17) apples in a box and Mike takes five (5) away, how many apples are left in the box?
- If there are fourteen (14) apples in a box and Mike takes six (6) away, how many apples are left in the box?
- Grid Paper
History/Social Studies 2
Take notes while continuing to study the U.S. state names, state abbreviations, state capitol, and other facts for each state in the image above. Use the Research Center to learn more.
How Things Work
Take notes while watching the video and reading about raising egg laying chickens. Use the Research Center to investigate further.
- A to Z Animals: Chickens
- WikiHow: Taking Care of Chickens
- Raising Chickens 101 (challenging)
- Chicken Overview
- Research Center
- Lined Story Paper
Visual and Performing Arts 2
Draw a picture or make an art project about the Chinese New Year holiday. Above are some examples. Read more about the Chinese New Year holiday.
- Ducksters: Chinese New Year
- Chinese New Year Facts for Kids
- China Holidays & Festivals
- Britannica: Chinese New Year
Physical Education 2
Do the following exercises and record them in your P.E. Log. First stretch. Then do a minimum of 10 jumping jacks, 5 lunges on each leg, 10 sit ups, and 10 push ups.
This Weeks Spelling Words