Welcome . Click “Here!” to record your attendance.You do not have permission to view this form.
Today’s Assignments: Day 9
Today in History/Social Studies, you’ll learn about the Celitc’s way of life in the Iron Age.
Be sure to click “Completed” after each assignment.
Read and Log
Read for 30 minutes. Record it in your Reading Log.
Language Arts 6
Use a word processor to write an essay about anything you like, and include an image, multimedia, or table to go with your writing. Use the Research Center and reference tools to gather information, and cite your sources. You can use the 180 Days of Writing Prompts to get ideas.
Spelling Quiz: Take the Quiz.
Study the instructions above. Solve the problems below by creating a table and using addition.
- To make pizza sauce for 2 pizzas, you need 2 cans of tomato sauce for every 1 can of tomato paste. If you have 6 cans of tomoto sauce, how many cans of tomatoe paste do you need and how many pizzas can you make?
- To make brown rice, you need 2 cups of water for every one cup of rice. If you have 12 cups of water, how many cups of rice do you need?
- You need 2 cups of milk for every pudding box. If you have 4 pudding boxes, how many cups of milk do you need?
- To make lemonade, you need 15 lemons for every 10 cups of water. If you have 45 lemons, how many cups of water do you need?
- To make brownies, you need 1 cube of butter for every two eggs. If you have 4 cubes of butter, how many eggs do you need?
- Math is fun: Ratios
- Grid Paper
Math Quiz: Take the Quiz
History/Social Studies 6
History and Geography of Ancient Civilizations
Take notes while watching the video about Life in the Iron Age. Use the Research Center to investigate furter.
- What did people eat in the Iron Age?
- Celtic Life in the Iron Age
- How Did Iron Age People Live?
- Iron Age Recipes (pdf)
- Research Center
- Lined Paper
Plate Tectonics and Earth’s Structure
Take notes while watching the video on Colliding Contients and read about Geological Time Periods of Earth’s History. Use the Research Center to investigate further.
Visual and Performing Arts 6
Celtic art is the art associated with the peoples known as Celts. Archaeologists generally use “Celtic” to refer to the culture of the European Iron Age from around 1000 BC onwards. Take notes while reading about Celtic Art. Use the Research Center to learn more.
Physical Education 6
Do the following exercises and record them in your P.E. Log. First stretch. Then do a minimum of 20 jumping jacks, 5 lunges on each leg, 10 sit ups, and 10 push ups.
This Weeks Spelling Words