Discovery K12 makes it easy to homeschool. Learn more about our platform and curriculum below.
- Parent/Teacher Account
- Terms and Privacy
- Discovery K12 is easy-to-use for any age.
- Students can learn anywhere. The platform is accessible on desktops, laptops, tablets, Chromebooks, and smartphones.
- Daily Assignments are served up in a clean, user-friendly format.
- Automatic grading and reporting. See below.
- Online help section.
- Ability to go back in assignments/past days.
- Ability to go forward in assignments/future days.
- You can either follow Discovery K12’s school-year schedule that begins the day after Labor Day, or you can start anytime and go at your own pace.
- We recommend using the Firefox browser with our program.
- We offer a Non-Common Core, secular curriculum for pre-k to twelfth grade.
- Use our curriculum in any way you like, part-time or full time. Go by our schedule or yours. You can also supplement to our curriculum and integrate your own teaching and learning style.
- Reading classic literature, writing essays, creating presentations, and conducting research are important aspects to the program.
- 7 standard subjects including Reading/Literature, Language Arts, Math, History/Social Studies, Science, Visual/Performing Arts and Physical Education.
- Extra Curriculum includes Spanish 1, HTML Coding, Healthy Living, Personal Finance, Business Apps, and Business 101.
- 36 Weeks of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) projects provide hands-on learning activities using affordable household or basic school supplies.
- Over 20,000 lessons across all grades and courses with videos, slides, worksheets and resources.
- Library with over 100 classic literature e-books such as Tom Sawyer, The Count of Monte Cristo and Treasure Island; and historic document collection.
- The curriculum has been developed and selected by us personally to ensure the best content is provided with every assignment.
- Weekly spelling program with printed/digital worksheets, cursive, and end-of-week spelling quizzes.
- In addition to weekly spelling quizzes, there are over 200 quizzes and tests integrated into the curriculum.
*Parent/Teacher Account (Premium Upgrade)
- Track ALL your students’ progress in one place
- Detailed Grade Books
- Attendance reports
- Reading Log tracks daily literature reading
- Physical Education Log tracks daily physical activity
- Test results with correct/incorrect answers
- Reports can be printed at any time
- Answer keys for quizzes/tests
- Weekly spelling word lists
- Scope and Sequence of Curriculum showing when units start/stop and when tests come up, and other curriculum tools
- Mid-year and end-of year Assessment Tests for kindergarten through twelfth grade with instant test results. Learn more about our new Assessment Tests.
- Easily produce mid-year and end-of-year transcripts
- Issue high school diplomas and certificates of completion
- Get 24/7 email support
Terms and Privacy
- Using our curriculum, you would be independently homeschooling and would follow the Homeschool Laws set by your state.
- We respect the privacy of our students and parents, and do not share your information with others. Please see our Terms and Privacy policies.
- We are a private company and are not affiliated with any school systems or government agencies.
- Student Accounts are free and include all of our curriculum.
- *Parent/Teacher Accounts are an optional upgrade and provide reporting, curriculum, and homeschool management tools – Learn More
If you have additional questions, visit our Frequently Asked Questions page.