Learning grammar, writing skills, and spelling are all a part of Language Arts 1.
You will have a regular English assignment and a Spelling assignment for each day. The regular English assignment will cover a grammar learning segment and a writing piece for each day of the week. Your spelling words for the week are always located at the bottom of your day’s assignments page. You will have 10 new spelling words each week that are Dolch sight and frequently used words. Each day, you will have a new worksheet and a digital spelling quiz will be at the end of each week.
- Sentence structure
- Long and short vowels
- Blending sounds and consonant blends
- Word endings
- Common, proper, and possessive nouns
- Singular and plural nouns
- Past, present, and future tense verbs
- Opinion writing pieces
- Narrative writing pieces
- Writing using basic research skills using dictionary and thesaurus
- Writing using a word processor
- Spelling and vocabulary