Welcome . Click “Here!” to record your attendance.You do not have permission to view this form.
Today’s Assignments: Day 173
Today in Science, you will learn about Hoover Dam and it generates electricity.
Be sure to click “Completed” after each assignment.
Read and Log
Read with your teacher for 30 minutes and discuss. Record it in your Reading Log.
Language Arts 2
Create a presentation using your presentation software about what you read in Reading/Literature today. Include audio, images, and text. With help from your teacher, use the Research Center to locate audio and image files that you can include.
Spelling Sentences: Write each spelling word in a sentence.
Follow along watching the video using Grid Paper to review subtraction word problems.
- John has 12 apples, and he gives away 5 of them. How many apples does he have left?
- What is the difference between 17 and 38?
- Jennifer has eighteen apples, and Mike has twelve. How many more apples does Jennifer have than Mike?
- John has 10 apples, and he gives away 3 of them. How many apples does he have left?
- What is the difference between 12 and 43?
- Jennifer has fourteen apples, and Mike has five. How many more apples does Jennifer have than Mike?
- Grid Paper
History/Social Studies 2
REVIEW: Go back through your notes and Past Assignments to review what you’ve learned. There will be a short test at the end of the week on U.S. States.
How Things Work
Take notes while watching the video to learn about the Hoover Dam and how it generates electricity. Use the Research Center to learn more.
- Hoover Dam Overview
- Hoover Dam
- Ducksters: Hydro-Power Energy
- Research Center
- Lined Story Paper
Visual and Performing Arts 2
Color the Hoover Dam Coloring Page.
Physical Education 2
Do the following exercises and record them in your P.E. Log. First stretch. Then do a minimum of 10 jumping jacks, 5 lunges on each leg, 10 sit ups, and 10 push ups.
This Weeks Spelling Words