Supplies, instructions, resources, and worksheets are below!
All living things are made up of cells. Most cells are so small that you can only see them using a microscope. Plant cells are different than animal cells. In this STEM project, you’ll make edible cells while learning about the difference between animal and plant cells.
Animal Cell Worksheet
Plant Cell Worksheet
tub of frosting
frosting writing in various colors
utensils to assist you
Understand the difference between animal and plant cells
Identify parts of cells
Understand that all living things have cells
Vocabulary Terms to Understand
Look up each word and write the definition on the back of the Lined Paper.
1. Watch the instructional videos above.
2. Read through the resources below to learn more about plant and animal cells.
3. Print the Animal and Plant Cell Worksheets and complete them.
4. Look up and write each of the vocabulary words above on Lined Paper.
5. Choose to make an edible plant or animal cell (or you can make both). You can make your edible cells out of anything that is food-based. Use your creativity. Use toothpick with a paper label attached to the end to label each part of the cell.
6. Be sure to look at these Pinterest ideas!
What is the purpose of cells?
What is the difference between a eukaryotic and prokaryotic cell?
What type of cells are in humans?
What type of cells are in bacteria?
What are Cells?
Ducksters: The Cell
Plant and Animal Cells Learning Guide
Plant Cells vs Animal Cells With Diagrams
Wiki: Cell (biology)
Cell Biology Overview
Differences Between Plant and Animal Cells