Welcome . Click “Here!” to record your attendance.You do not have permission to view this form.
Today’s Assignments: Day 97
Today in History/Social Studies, you will continue learning about the economy during Colonial American times.
Be sure to click “Completed” after each assignment.
Read and Log
Read for 30 minutes. Record it in your Reading Log.
Language Arts 5
Opinion Essay: Use a word processor to write an essay describing an event from what you read in Reading/Literature today. Introduce the topic, state your opinion, give reasons for your opinion by doing research and stating facts while citing sources, and a concluding statement related to your opinion. Use linking phrases such as “consequently,” or “specifically.”
Spelling Vocab: Look up each spelling word in the dictionary and write its definition using the Digital Worksheet.
Watch the video to learn about fraction word problems using division. Do the problems below using Grid Paper.
- Jack has a piece of wood that is 7/8 of a foot in length. He needs to cut pieces that are 1/8 of a foot long. How many pieces can Jack cut?
- Mike has a piece of wood that is 9/10 of a foot in length. He needs to cut pieces that are 1/4 of a foot long. How many pieces can Mike cut?
- Mary has a piece of wood that is 1/2 of a foot in length. She needs to cut pieces that are 1/16 of a foot long. How many pieces can Mary cut?
- Grid Paper
History/Social Studies 5
Political, Social, Religious, & Economics of Colonial Era
Take notes while reading about the Navigation Acts during colonial times. Use the Research Center to investigate further.
- Navigation Acts
- What Were the Navigation Acts?
- English Administration of the Colonies
- Navigation Acts
- Research Center
- Lined Paper
Energy from the Sun and how it Heats the Earth
Take notes while watching the video about the power of the Sun. Use the Research Center to learn more. Read Energy Sources to learn more about energy from the Sun.
Visual and Performing Arts 5
Make an origami stealth fighter. Read about the History of the Paper Airplane.
Physical Education 5
Do the following exercises and record them in your P.E. Log. First stretch. Then do a minimum of 20 jumping jacks, 5 lunges on each leg, 10 sit ups, and 10 push ups.
This Weeks Spelling Words