Welcome . Click “Here!” to record your attendance.You do not have permission to view this form.
Today’s Assignments: Day 169
Today in Science, you will learn about Greenhouses and how they work to grow plants in all seasons.
Be sure to click “Completed” after each assignment.
Read and Log
Read with your teacher for 30 minutes and discuss. Record it in your Reading Log.
Language Arts 1
Using the structure above, write a paragraph about you or someone you know. Draw a picture to go with your paragraph.
Writing using Digital Tools: Use Lined Paper or a word processor to write 2 to 3 sentences about what you read in Reading/Literature today. With help from your teacher, use the Dictionary, Thesaurus, or Research Center to improve your sentences.
Spelling Printing: Write each spelling word three times.
Follow along while watching the video about solving addition and subtraction word problems. Do the word problems below using grid paper.
- Mike has 8 nickels and Joe as 4 nickels. How many do they have all together?
- Mike has 9 nickels and Joe as 3 nickels. How many do they have all together?
- Mike has 12 nickels and Joe as 5 nickels. How many do they have all together?
- Mike has 32 nickels and Joe as 45 nickels. How many more nickels does Joe have than Mike?
- Sue has 55 nickels and Jane has 74 nickels. How many more nickels does Jane have than Sue?
- Bob has 27 nickels and Mary has 66 nickels. How many more nickels does Mary have than Bob?
- Sue has 5 fewer nickels than Mary. Mary has 15 nicks. How many nickels does Sue have?
- Subtraction Video (advanced)
- Grid Paper
History/Social Studies 1
Continue learning about the facts of the each state. Pick one of the states to learn more about it, and use Lined Story Paper to write a few sentence and draw a picture about that state.learn more.
How Things Work
Read about Greenhouses and how they work. Use Lined Story Paper to write a sentence and draw a picture of a greenhouse.
- Greenhouse Overview
- Britannica: Greenhouse
- How Greenhouses Work
- Greenhouse in a Jar Project
- Lined Story Paper
Visual and Performing Arts 1
Use your imagination to make your own small greenhouse. Recycle a plastic bottle or vegetable container. Use seeds if you have them or transplant small plants from your garden.
Physical Education 1
Do the following exercises and record them in your P.E. Log. First stretch. Then do a minimum of 10 jumping jacks, 5 lunges on each leg, 10 sit ups, and 10 push ups.
This Weeks Spelling Words