Reading classic literature is what Reading/Literature 2 is all about.
Each day, you will read for 30 minutes and log your progress in the Reading Log.
Read from a classic literature book of your choice. Below are recommended books from our Library for Second Grade. Or, you can read any book you like.
- McGuffey’s Second Reader
- Uncle Wiggily’s Adventures by Howard R. Garis
- Uncle Wiggily in the Woods by Howard R. Garis
- Grimm’s Fairy Tales by Jacob and Wilhelm Grimm
- The Tale of Timothy Turtle by Arthur Scott Bailey
- Improve reading and comprehension
- Be able to explain what you’re reading with details and examples
- Understand story types such as drama, poems, fiction or non-fiction