Reading classic literature is what Reading/Literature 5 is all about.
Each day, you will read for 30 minutes and log your progress in the Reading Log.
Read from a classic literature book of your choice. Below are recommended books from our Library for Fifth Grade. Or, you can read any book you like.
- McGuffey’s Fifth Reader
- Poems of American Patriotism by Brander Matthews
- Treasure Island by Robert Louis Stevenson
- Gulliver’s Travels by Johnathan Swift
- Improve reading and comprehension
- Be able to explain what you’re reading with details and examples
- Produce book reports and oral presentations